Vintage Dwarf Car Rules
1. There will be no special class, all cars and trucks will
run the same rules.
2. 1928 to 1948 body styles, coupes,sedans,trucks all must
have been a production model.All frames and roll cages,
including firewall,doors, and rear section framing, must be
fabricated as a single unit frame following actual contour
and deminsions of the finished body. Must be replica of
factory stock body. No body shall be over 40" tall from
bottom of outer edge to extreme top, loaded or unloaded,with
or without driver, car must be within the measurements at
all times. No body prior to 1938 shall exceed 36" in width.
No body 1939 or later shall exceed 38" in width, measured at
the widest point, usually the rear door post. American
passenger cars and trucks only.
no modlites or equivalent of a modlite can race with the
vintage dwarf car division.
3. You must supply to the tech director an approved diagram
or photograph of your car if you are questioned. Roof slope
maximum of 4 degrees. Enter and exit by driver side door
4. All tubing must have a minimum of .065 wall thickness. No
aluminum frames or roll cages. Firewall mandatory between
trunk area and driver compartment.
5. No fenders front or rear. No sheet metal or panels of any
kind forward of the cowl,except hood and grill.
6. Right and left doors must be operational and allow
passage with the exception of roof hatches. If roof hatches
are to be used then it must be for driver to enter and exit
7. Any suspension mounts must be shielded from driver
compartment. Right and left door must have minimum of four
bars .065 x .750 tubing. The bar supporting the drive shaft
tunnel may count as one of these bars.
8. Door opening must have supports welded to the inside of
the front and rear door post. Door stops minimum 3/16x2x3.
9. Front frame loop may be installed but cannot be any
higher than where it exits the cowl to front of the frame.
10. Radiator must be mounted in front of motor.
11. All door latches must
be positive locking (spring loaded)
12. Hood must be fastened securely by spring latch,bolt, or
13. No glass of any kind.
FRAME AND CAGE REQUIREMENTS
Frame rails must be constructed of 1x2x.120 rectangular
tubing only. This is from extreme front to extreme rear.
Frame rails will be placed with the 2" inch side vertically
and the 1" inch horizontally for the entire length of frame.
There will be a minimum of three cross members in the manned
compartment, one at the front end and one at the center and
one at the rear. The cross members will be made of steel
only with a minimum thickness of .120. All cars and trucks
must have the top bar of the cage that forms the top of
car/truck made of 1.250 o.d. tubing. This is for safety
purposes and will not be an exception at any time.
NERF BAR REQUIREMENTS
15. Short nerf bars are required. Long nerf bars are
optional. Must be three point mounted. Must be made of 1"
inch x .065 mild steel tube. No portion of nerf bars can
extend wider than rear tires.
FRONT AND REAR BUMPER REQUIREMENTS
16. Front bumper may be a maximum of 30" inches wide no less
than 6" inches high (bottom bar) from the ground.
17. Rear bumper must be no wider than 50" inches maximum and
minimum of 48" inches.
18. Bumper material is 1" inchx .065 mild steel.
19. Spindles, hubs, rotors and
rotor hats can be made of aluminum or steel. No sway/ anti
roll bars. Front suspension must not extend rearward past
the most forward panel of the firewall except under frame
rail. No floater rear ends or quick change rear ends.
20. no torsion bars allowed front or rear.
21. No driver adjustable mechanism in cockpit area or within
reach of driver. No electric or hydraulic, air or ratchet
type weight jacks.
22. Automotive type steel bodied
shocks (non rebuildable). Hydraulic or gas shocks only.
23. Fuel injection engines must
not exceed 600cc stock, no exceptions.. Carburerated engines
must not exceed 1000cc stock and must be factory built prior
to year 1999 and produce no more or exceed 125 H.P. from
factory specs. No racing type carburetors or after market
throttle bodies on any engine size.
24. No nitrous or fuel additives of any kind.
25. No protesting, the tech
director may tech any car at anytime at his/her discretion.
26. If at any reason a car is
questioned it must be discussed with the director before any
Just keep the motors stock and the money out of this
division so we can all be competitive, if you want to spend
a fortune racing then get in another division this one is
not about spending the most money.
27. It is your responsibility to furnish the tech director
the serial numbers from your engine before first night of
competition. If car is teched and numbers do not match file
numbers car is disqualified for that night of competition.
28. Absolutely no power
commanders or equivalent of any kind. The ECU must be stock
NOT flashed. No velocity stacks or trackion control systems.
This must be a stock to stock engine. No after market gauges
except for oil or water temperature gauges and tachometer.
Stock instrument clusters are ok.
29. Four cylinder inline motorcycle motors with a production
of 500 or more. Serial numbers must be unmarred and on the
motor, any tampering will render the motor illegal.
HEADER AND MUFFLER REQUIREMENTS
30. Mufflers are mandatory.
31. Must be mounted in rear and securely fastened.
32. Racing fuel allowed.
33. No alcohol
34. Fuel cell mandatory
DRIVE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
35. Must be shaft driven to
automotive type differential only. Steel drive shafts only
and must be painted white. There needs to be at least three
cross members under drive shaft compartment for safety.
36. No bird cage type rearends.
37. Must have brakes operating both rear wheels. Front
brakes are optional. All drums and rotors must be steel.
WHEEL BASE REQUIREMENTS
38. Wheel base must be 73" inches. Maximum tolerance 1/2"
inch. Must be both sides long or short (not one side long
and other side short).
39. track width will not exceed 60"inches, measured from
extreme outside edge to the other outside edge. Car must fit
60" inch hoop gauge.
40. Center of the front and rear axles will be mounted in
the center of the body, no offset hubs front or rear.
41. The top of the drivers seat must be no more than 63"
inches back from the front axle center line, but may be less
if desired. All cars will have a permanent structure bar
located no more than 63" inches back from the front axle
center line at 22 1/2" inches above the bottom frame rail.
If driver is tall and heavy they will be allowed to run the
legend seat set back distance of
TIRE AND WHEL REQUIREMENTS
42. Wheel diameter is limited to 13" inch. Width is maximum
of 7" inches. Bead Locks OK
43. Racing Tires OK or Street Tires OK
44. Minimum weight before and after race is 1240 lbs. with
driver. The top three in heat and feature must report to
scales immediately after the race, failure to do so will
result in immediate disqualification. We will allow for a 1%
45. If any weight is added it must be bolted on with machine
grade bolts and be painted white with car number on it.
46. Must have approved five point harness.
47. Approved racing helmets.
48. Fire extinguisher required.
49. No radios or listening devices, raceceivers only.
NOTICE: NO HIGH PERFORMANCE PARTS INTERNALLY OR EXTERNALLY
ON THE ENGINE. ALL REPLACEMENT PARTS MUST BE OF OEM STATUS.
NO TITANIUM VALVES, LIGHT WEIGHT PISTONS, NO SHAVING
CRANKSHAFT, NO DECKING OF CYLINDERS. YOU MAY RUN AFTER
MARKET AIR FILTERS AND JET KIT.
NOTICE: IF AT ANYTIME, ( DRIVER,CREW MEMBER) TAKES AN
AGRESSIVE APPROACH TOWARD MEMBER OF ANOTHER TEAM OR VDC
OFFICIAL OR TRACK OFFICIAL WHETHER IT BE VERBAL OR
PHYSICAL CRIMINAL CHARGES WILL BE APPLIED AND YOU ARE
DISQUALIFIED FROM NIGHTS EVENT AND POSSIBLE SUSPENSION FOR
REST OF SEASON.
ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL OR CONSUMPTION DURING VDC EVENTS
POSSIBLE SUSPENSION AND DISQUALIFICATION COULD OCCUR.
THIS IS A FAMILY ORIENTED GROUP SO PLEASE CONDUCT YOURSELF
HAVE FUN AND HOPE YOU ENJOY, PLEASE BE SAFE.