1. No high performance parts allowed except as stated.
2. Wheel base 108. min.
3. Stock suspension. May run aftermarket springs, 5
in. A-frame on top side only, top mounts must be in stock
location, none adjustable .Lower “A” Frame must be stock for
Leaf spring cars – shackles and blocks only
Engine - Set back, ball joint in line with # 1 plug max
Bore and Stroke
A. Stock bore - +.060 maximum.
B. Stroke - stock for CID of engine. Crankshaft
may be aftermarket, must be stock appearing, and weigh no
less than 48lbs.
be stock length for CID of engine.
E. Camshaft: 480 lift Hydraulic flat tappet cam
F. Carburetor Claim price $300
MUST RUN TRACK RESTRICTOR PLATE – 1in. spacer
plate max. No taper allowed. ANY
CAR (DRIVER & CAR OWNER) IN
VILOLATION OF RESTRICTOR PLATE RULE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FOR
G. Intake: No porting or
H. Compression: 180# maximum. Will be checked with
all plugs removed and throttle wide open until needle stops.
I. Heads: Stock heads and S/R heads. Must be
stock diameter valves. Small Block Chevy 1.940 intake, 1.500
exhaust. Small block Ford 1.940 intake, 1.600 exhaust. May
be aftermarket valves: solid steel only. Valve springs must
be stock diameter. No porting, polishing, grinding, etc. May
have pinned or screw in studs and guide plates. Roller
J. Ignition Hei
No ignition boxes
L. May run aftermarket oil pans.
Rear End - Locked rear ends only. Any factory type rear end.
Must be mounted with stock replacement brackets for the car
that it is under. Southwest Speedway or equal. May be
floater axle. May use rear disc brakes, calipers and hubs,
must be same as factory no alum.
(Example: front GM can be used on rear.) REAREND
must be in factory stock position. Mounting points shall be
the same as the factory for the type of car that the rear
end is being used under. No light weight components allowed
in the drive train Top trail arms may be shortened for
pinion angle both arms
shall remain same length, factory type bushins
5. Transmission - straight shift legal. Must have
all gears and be produced by manufacturer of car. Automatics
must have working torque converter.
Functional torque converter.
6. Clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel must be
steel factory type minimum weight of 34lbs with no
tolorence. No modifications.
May be aftermarket. 10 ½” minimum diameter clutch.
7. Shocks –Steel body, no gas shocks. A claim price
of $80.00. No rebuildable shocks. Front shocks may be
mounted outside of bucket; rear shocks in stock location.
Wedge bolts allowed
8. Brake pedals in stock location from
firewall,floorboard mount ok.
9. Wheels - 10in steel wheel max. Bead Lock allowed
on right rear and right front.
CARS MUST HAVE DRIVESHAFT LOOP
10. Tires - No racing or recapped tires. 275 x 60
maximum. No chemicals allowed.
11. Bodies - Must be full bodied cars or truck
factory stock appearing
Any fabricated body must have all body lines. No flat sides
will be allowed.
HAVE FACTORY STEEL TOP, stock appearing nose and tail piece,
and rear must be closed in.
Rule Clarification and Amendment:
1. Firewalls- No manufactured complete firewall. All
fire walls must be in stock location. Any patching must be
16 gauge metal.
2. Floor board removed beside driver, add 50lbs on
right side frame rail.
3. Floor board removed behind driver, add 75lbs in
middle of car no more than 12" behind the driver at frame
A. All cars
must have factory full floorboard and firewall, front and
rear, no custom built floor boards. Patching must be same
gauge as original.no custom cock pits, floor board must be
exposedmay be boxed in from driver back. weight penaility
added for violations.
B. Spoiler -
8in. rear and sides. Two side spoilers max.
C. Bumpers -
No sharp edges.
12. Weight - 362 and under 3200 lbs.
13. Fuel tanks - A mandatory firewall between driver
and fuel tank.
14. Headers - No tri y or special performance headers
,no 180 degree no headers allowed thru firewall $200.claim
15. Frame section in front of A Frame mount and behind
rear suspension mounts may be replaced with tubing due to
rust or excessive damage.
16. All glass and flammable parts must be removed.
17. Roll bars - All cars must have a 4 point roll cage.
4 bars on driver’s side, 2 in passenger side (1 ½” minimum
OD black pipe.)
18. 1” diameter lug nuts minimum. Must have 5 lug studs
and lug nuts per wheel.
19. Safety - Must have working fire extinguisher,
driver fire suit, helmet with shield and safety belts.
Mufflers are required
21. Track reserves the right to adjust rules to keep
22. ANY TIME IN DOUBT ALWAYS ASK.
2 consecutive wins - must start in rear of heat.
consecutive wins - must start in rear of feature.