1. No high performance parts allowed except as stated.
2. Wheel base 108. min.
3. Stock suspension. May run aftermarket springs, 5 in.
A-frame on top side only, top mounts must be in stock
location, none adjustable .Lower “A” Frame must be stock for
the car. Leaf
spring cars – shackles and blocks only
Engine - Set back, ball joint in line with # 1 plug max
Bore and Stroke
A. Stock bore - +.060 maximum.
B. Stroke - stock for CID of engine. Crankshaft may
be aftermarket, must be stock appearing, and weigh no less
C. Rods: must
be stock length for CID of engine.
E. Camshaft: 480 lift Hydraulic flat tappet cam only.
F. Carburetor Claim price $300 (A) MUST
RUN TRACK RESTRICTOR PLATE – 1in. spacer plate max. No taper
G. Intake: No porting or polishing.
H. Compression: 180# maximum. Will be checked with
all plugs removed and throttle wide open until needle stops.
I. Heads: Stock heads and S/R heads. Must be stock
diameter valves. Small Block Chevy 1.940 intake, 1.500
exhaust. Small block Ford 1.940 intake, 1.600 exhaust. May
be aftermarket valves: solid steel only. Valve springs must
be stock diameter. No porting, polishing, grinding, etc. May
have pinned or screw in studs and guide plates. Roller
J. Ignition HEI
No ignition boxes
L. May run aftermarket oil pans.
4. Rear End -
Locked rear ends only. Any factory type rear end. Must be
mounted with stock replacement brackets for the car that it
is under. Southwest Speedway or equal. May be floater axle.
May use rear disc brakes, calipers and hubs, must be same as
factory no alum.
(Example: front GM can be used on rear.) REAREND must
be in factory stock position. Mounting points shall be the
same as the factory for the type of car that the rear end is
being used under. No light weight components allowed in the
drive train Top trail arms may be shortened for pinion angle
both arms shall
remain same length, factory type bushings only
5. Transmission - straight shift legal. Must have all
gears and be produced by manufacturer of car. Automatics
must have working torque converter.
Functional torque converter.
6. Clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel must be steel
factory type minimum weight of 34lbs with no tolerance. No
May be aftermarket. 10 ½” minimum diameter clutch.
7. Shocks – Steel Body, No Gas Shocks! A
claim price of $80.00.
B) Front Shocks May be Mounted Outside of Bucket.
C) Rear Shocks Mounted In Stock Location.
D) Wedge Bolts Allowed
8. Brake pedals in stock location from firewall,
floorboard mount ok
9. Wheels - 10in steel wheel max. Bead Lock allowed on
right rear and right front.
ALL CARS MUST HAVE DRIVESHAFT LOOP
10. Tires - no racing or recapped tires. 275 x 60
maximum. No chemicals allowed.
11. Bodies - Must be full bodied cars or truck factory
stock appearing only.
Any fabricated body must have all body lines. No flat sides
will be allowed. MUST
HAVE FACTORY STEEL TOP, stock appearing nose and tail piece,
and rear must be closed in.
A. All cars must have factory full floorboard and firewall, front and
rear, no custom built floor boards. Patching must be same
gauge as original. No custom cock pits, floor board must be
exposed may be boxed in from driver back n.
B. Spoiler - 8in. rear and sides. Two side spoilers max.
C. Bumpers - No sharp edges.
12. Weight - 362 and under 3200 lbs.
13. Fuel tanks - A mandatory firewall between driver
and fuel tank.
14. Headers - .no tri y or special performance headers
,no 180 degree no headers allowed thru firewall $200.claim
15. Frame section in front of A Frame mount and behind
rear suspension mounts may be replaced with tubing due to
rust or excessive damage.
16. All glass and flammable parts must be removed.
17. Roll bars - All cars must have a 4 point roll cage.
4 bars on driver’s side, 2 in passenger side (1 ½” minimum
OD black pipe.)
18. 1” diameter lug nuts minimum. Must have 5 lug studs
and lug nuts per wheel.
19. Safety - Must have working fire extinguisher,
driver fire suit, helmet with shield and safety belts.
20. Mufflers are
21. Track reserves the right to adjust rules to keep
2 consecutive wins
- must start in rear of heat.
3 consecutive wins - must start in rear