1. No high performance parts allowed except as stated.
2. Wheel base 108.
3. Stock suspension - Aftermarket “A” Frame on top side only
allowed, . Lower “A” Frame must be stock for the car that it
is on.oem spindles only.Leaf spring cars - shackles only,
4. Engine - #1 plug even with ball joint max setback.
Bore and Stroke
A. Stock bore - +.060 maximum.
B. Stroke - Stock for CID of engine. Crankshaft may
be aftermarket, must be stock appearing, and weigh no less
C. Rods - Must be stock length for CID of engine.
Pistons.Flat top no gas ported.No less than .062 ring
landings.The weight for rod ,piston ,ring, pin and bearings
must not be less1300 grams.
E. Camshaft - 480 lift Hydraulic or
flat tappet cam only.
Roller rockers are OK.
F. Carburetor - Gas only. 750 Holley Max. 200 lb.
weight break. 600 Holley single line stock part # 080457.
G. Intake - Any aluminum. Max 1” adapter or spacer
plate. No porting or polishing.
H. Compression - 180 # maximum. Will be checked with
all plugs removed and throttle wide open until needle stops.
Heads - Stock heads and S/R heads. Must be stock diameter
valves for CID of engine. Small Block Chevy 1.940 intake,
1.500 exhausts. Small block Ford 1.940 intake, 1.600
exhaust. May be aftermarket valves:solid steel only . Valve
springs must be stock diameter. No porting, polishing,
grinding, etc. May have pinned or screw in studs and guide
plates. Three angle valve job permitted. 170 cc. Runners max
and combustion chamber must be equal to factory
J. Ignition - MSD boxes allowed. Distributor type or
CD(Capacitive Discharge) Ignition systems only.
K. Rings, Rod & Main Bearings, Oil pumps, Cam and
Lifters, valves, valve springs, gaskets, plugs, plug wires,
push rods, bolts, nuts, etc. may be aftermarket.
L. May run aftermarket oil pans.
5. Rear End - Locked rear ends only.
Any factory type rear end. Must be mounted with stock
replacement brackets for the car that it is under Southwest
Speedway or equal. May be floater axle. May use rear disc,
calipers and hubs, must be same as factory.
(Example: front GM can be used on rear.) REAREND must
be in factory stock position, . Mounting points shall be the
same as the factory for the type of car that the rear end is
being used under. Upper and lower control arms
6. Transmission - straight shift legal. Must have all gears
and be produced by manufacturer of car. Automatics must have
working torque converter.
Functional torque converter.
7. Clutch, pressure plate, and flywheel must be steel
factory type. Minimum weight of 34lbs with no tolerance. No
May be aftermarket. 10 ½” minimum diameter clutch.
8. Shocks Re buildable steel
shock legal. catalog price not to exceed
BUY PRICE ON
9. Safety Hub Right front
10. Wheels - 10in steel wheel max. Bead Lock allowed on
right rear and right front.
11. Tires . 275 x 60 maximum. Street tire, option
12. Bodies - Must be full bodied cars or trucks. Top, hood,
and deck lid must be original or aftermarket and must be
A. Quarter panels, doors, and fender may be made of
aluminum but must be made in separate pieces and be stock
B. Tubing may be used to tie sub frame together at
factory location, parallel only.
C. 8 in. rear spoilers and side spoilers .
13. Weight - 362 and under is 3200 lbs. Greater than 362 CID
is 3500 lbs.
14. Fuel tanks - a mandatory firewall between driver and
15. Headers - legal.
16. Frame section in front of A Frame mount and behind rear
suspension mounts may be replaced with tubing due to rust or
17. All glass and flammable parts must be removed.
18. Roll bars - All cars must have a 4 point roll cage. 4
bars on driver’s side, 2 in passenger side (1 ½” minimum OD
19. 1” diameter lug nuts minimum. Must have 5 lug studs and
lug nuts per wheel
20.ANY TIME IN DOUBT ALWAYS ASK.
SOME TYPE MUFFLER IS